Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sonic Underworld

Another Sonic fan story. Enjoy.



In the deep pits of hell, a creature sat, gazing into the fiery abyss. It was a red hedgehog, his spikes flared up, with short horns where his ears should be. He had orange streaks on his shins and forearms, and an orange swirl on his chest. His tail was long and ended in a spike.
"10 years. I’ve spent 10 long, painful here's in this damned underworld." He said to himself. "Sonic, I will have my revenge. Whatever it takes, I SHALL KILL YOU!"

Meanwhile, up on Mobius, inside of a dark cave, a hooded figure stood in front of a large tablet. He held up a red jewel in his hand. "It is time. Awaken, Sato!" he said as the jewel rose up into the air and stuck itself into an opening in the tablet. The tablet glowed, and a portal appeared above it, and from the portal emerged a red hedgehog.
"What's going on here?" asked the demon. "Why did you bring me here?"
"Don't you see?" said the figure. "You're free. Free of the wretched underworld where you lived for the past 10 years! You may do what you want now." Sato looked at the figure through the hood. It was a rat. "Here, take this," said the rat, handing Sato the jewel.
"What is this?" questioned Sato.
"It is a Chaos Emerald. It has limitless power. Use it as you see fit," said the hooded rat.
"Who are you?" asked Sato suspiciously.
"My name is Malice. I am simply a kind soul who saw you suffering in hell and decided to show you some mercy and bring you back," said Malice. Sato took one last look at Malice, and then ran off.

Far away, in the middle of the woods, sat a wolf. He was sad and depressed. He was about 12 and had messy hair and large muscles. He looked up to see something purple flying through the trees. He jumped up and began chasing the purple thing. "Wait up!" he said. The creature turned to look at the wolf.
"AHH! A WOLF!" said the bat, quickly picking up speed. He stopped on the other side of a river to catch his breath. The wolf stopped, looked around, and walked over to a tree. He uprooted it with his bare hands and laid it across the river to make a bridge. The bat panicked and flew away again with the wolf chasing after him.
"Man, this kid is fast," he thought. He broke out of the forest to find that he had entered the city. He turned and ran into a restaurant, with the wolf still following him. "Help! Crazy wolf chasing me!" Everyone else in the restaurant looked questionably at him.
"I'm sorry for his behavior," said a voice from the corner. Rouge stepped up and began talking to the wolf. "Ace has been afraid of wolves since he was a kid. It's not such a big deal," she explained to him.
"Please," said the wolf, "My names Fang, and I'm trying to find my family." Was holding onto a small gold pendant
"Ohhh, how sad," said Rouge. "You ARE going to help him, aren't you Ace?" she said, glaring at him.
Ace glared back at her. "First of all, I hate wolves. Second of all, I don't care. Third of all, I don't feel like it."
After Ace finished his sentence, there was a large explosion coming from the other side of the city. Ace jumped up and flew up to check it out. Fang followed.
"Will you leave me alone already?" Ace shouted. Fang ignored him and continued to chase after Ace.

Ace wasn't the only one interested in the explosion. Sonic was running toward the burning building to see what was going on. He was accompanied by Tails in the tornado. He ran into Ace and Fang. "There you are Sonic," said Ace.
"Hey Ace! We need to stop this thing. I'll go get everyone out off the fire. Tails, you go put the fire out. Ace, you go find the person responsible for this. I'll catch up soon," Sonic said.
Ace took to the sky, while Sonic ran into the building and left Fang on the ground. "HEY!" he said to tails. "Can I come with you?"
"Sure," said tails. They introduced themselves and boarded the tornado.
Ace scouted, trying to find something. He closed his eyes and listened as hard as he could. He then noticed an image amongst all the fire. He took after it, and then saw what it was. "You! Sato!" he said.
The Demon turned to see Ace. "Well well. If it isn't you. Tell me Ace; how has life been treating you?”
“Sato, what happened? Are you- did you go to hell?” Ace asked.
“Sadly, yes,” Sato replied. “Not that you would care.”
“What are you saying?” Ace demanded. “You were my best friend! Do you have any idea how broken up I was after you died?”
“And yet you ally yourself with the one who killed me,” Sato said.
“What are you-“
“Don’t lie to me!” Sato said. “I saw you engaging with Sonic outside the building!”
“What?” Ace said. “You think Sonic killed you? He couldn’t have!”
“Liar!” Sato shouted. “You think you can fool me with your mind games!”
“Sato, just listen!”
“No!” Sato yelled. “I’ve had enough of this. Let’s get this over with.”
Ace and Sato began to fight. "You've changed a lot since we last met," commented Ace.
"You'd be surprised what hell can do to your body! CHAOS CONTROL!" yelled Sato, disappearing. He came up behind Ace and launched a ball of fire at him. Ace fell to the ground.
"You can use Chaos Control?" said Ace surprised.
"Hey! What's going' on here?!" said Sonic, finally arriving.
"Sonic!" said Sato. "Finally, I can have my revenge on you! CHAOS HELLFIRE!" Sato launched a tremendous ball of fire at Sonic. Sonic dodged the attack and aimed a homing attack at Sato. Sato prepared to deflect it, but was grabbed from behind by White Ace. Sonic's attack hit and Sato was winded. "Our battle isn't over yet. CHAOS CONTROL!" Sato disappeared in a flash of red light.
"Who was that? And how does he know my name?" Asked Sonic.
"You had all of your memories of him erased. I know a device that can help get them back, but you'll have to wait for me to get it," Ace explained. Then he took off yet again.
"Erased? Why would I do something like that? You have some explaining to do Ace," Sonic said.

High in the sky, floating above the ocean, was Angel Island. In the center sat an alter with a large emerald. Sitting next to the emerald was Knuckles the Echidna. He was beginning to doze off when the Master Emerald started glowing brightly.
"Knuckles! You must help this planet! A great threat is about to rise from the Underworld!" said a voice coming from the emerald. It was a familiar girl’s voice.
"Is this... Tikal?" asked Knuckles. There was a brilliant flash of light. And then, standing before Knuckles, was another female echidna, colored beige and wearing lots of jewelry.
"Yes, it is me. I've released myself to help stop this demon," she said.
"Ok, well, we'd better get a move on then," said Knuckles. He rushed to the edge of the island and glided off to solid land. Tikal followed after him.

Meanwhile, Sonic, Tails and Fang went in search of Chaos Emeralds. "There should be one somewhere around here," mentioned Tails.
"If I knew what they smelled like I could sniff them out," said Fang, "I've got a great sense of smell."
"I can feel it!" Sonic declared.
"My sensors say that it's somewhere in that lake," said Tails, holding up a small device.
"LAKE?! Oh no!" Sonic said.
"What's wrong?" asked Fang.
"Sonic can't swim," explained Tails. The water began to bubble and Fang stepped over to the edge to get a closer look. Then, a large metal shark jumped out of the water. Fang ran away, scared out of his skin.
"Hello, Sonic. It's nice to see you again!" said Eggman's face on a screen on the shark’s stomach. "Meet the Egg Shark! This should be fun, especially considering how weak you are against water!"
Sonic tried fighting the giant shark, but it was no use. The shark had an advantage in this element. Tails tried fighting, but wasn't strong enough. Sonic was about to lose, when a large rock hit the shark in the head. The shark was stunned. Suddenly, Fang leapt on top of the shark, knocking it underneath the surface, bringing Fang with it.
"Fang!" shouted Tails. They watched as the bubbles receded, unable to do anything.
Fang burst from the water, gasping for breath.
"Hey! Your ok!" said Sonic, helping him out of the water. "That was pretty cool. Did you throw that rock?"
"Yeah," said Fang. "By the way, is this what we've been looking for?” He held up a clear crystal.
"It's the Chaos Emerald!" exclaimed Tails.
"Good for you!" said another voice. Everyone turned to see Ace standing high up in a tree. "Anyway, I got the machine from my dad's lab. You want to know more about Sato now?"
"'Bout time, I've been waiting forever," said Sonic.
"Ok, the machines basic design is to show us your memories that have been either repressed or sealed away." Ace brought out the small device and pointed it at Sonic's head. "Hold still."
Sonic opened his eyes. He and Ace were standing in the middle of a forest. Sonic recognized the scenery. He looked around and was shocked to see himself sitting on the ground crying. It was a younger version of himself.
"You're pathetic!" said someone else. Sonic turned to see Sato. He wasn't a demon, like the Sato that he saw earlier. This Sato was about 10 and had normal quills, ears, and a normal tail. The streaks on his arms and legs were gone and the swirl on his chest was replaced by a smooth oval, like Sonic had.
"Please, Sato, stop bullying me," cried the younger Sonic. Sato stepped forward and prepared to punch Sonic. But then a flash of purple appeared and knocked Sato to the ground. It was a more youthful version of Ace.
"What are you doing to this kid?" scolded the teenage Ace.
"All right, you win this round, but I'll be back!" said Sato, running away.
"Are you ok?" Asked Ace, bending down to help Sonic up.
Sonic wiped his eyes. "Yes. Thanks for the help Ace. You're cool!" said kid Sonic. "I just hope Sato starts leaving me alone.
The current Sonic and Ace stood watching as the scene faded to black and was replaced by a burning manor.
"What is this!?" said Sonic. To their left was the younger sonic, watching the burning house. Many people were restraining Sonic from rushing inside the house.
"Please let me go!" Sonic cried, "Sato is in there! I need to save him!” The older Sonic watched, confused. Then he noticed someone moving toward the house. It was Teen Ace.
The scene faded to black, and they returned to the lake, where Fang and Tails were waiting.
"So, now you see," said Ace. "Sato died in the fire and blamed you for it. That's why he wants you dead."
"But, didn't you go into the building?" asked Sonic.
"Yes. But I didn’t make it in time. By the time I found him, it was too late," said Ace. Then he took off, with Fang chasing after him, leaving the Chaos Emerald with Tails.

Sato was running along the beach, when he was attacked by a large demon. “What?” He said. “Why is this demon here?” He narrowly dodged one of the demon’s blows. “Does that Malice character have something to do with this? I could care less what he does, but If these things interfere with my vengeance, than we’re gonna have some problems.” He continued to battle the demon, and then another figure appeared and struck the demon with a powerful blow. The demon fell to the ground and faded into nothingness. Sato looked at the newcomer, who turned out to be Knuckles.
"Hey you!" said Knuckles, approaching Sato.
"Who are you?" Asked Sato.
"I'm Knuckles, and you must be the threat that Tikal warned me about!" Knuckles said. Then he attacked Sato with his spiked knuckles. Sato and Knuckles fought for a while.
"You call yourself a fighter! INFERNAL SPIRAL!" yelled Sato. He spun around in a fiery tornado and knocked Knuckles to the ground before running off.
"Knuckles!" said Tikal, running up to his body.
"Wow, he's tough," said Knuckles. "But I'm ok."
"Sorry I took so long. I saw your fight, and I need to tell you that the demon you faced wasn't the threat I warned you of."
"What?! Then what is the threat?" asked knuckles.
"Perhaps I should explain. There is a vicious person in possession of the Hellsgate. He intends to use it, along with the Chaos Emeralds, to fill his body with demonic energy and transform into a monster capable of taking over this world. He goes by the name of Malice," she said.
"Well, let's get a move on then!" said knuckles, taking off.

Fire. There was fire everywhere. The whole house was going up in flames. A pair of hedgehogs were desperately trying to escape. 
"Damn!" said the red hedgehog, who was about 10 years old.
"Sato, I'm scared!" cried the 6-year old blue hedgehog.
"It’s ok, Sonic," said Sato. "We'll make it out of this." Without warning, the floor beneath Sato's feet gave way. He clung on to the edge, looking down into the raging inferno beneath him. Planks of sharp wood protruded from the ground. "Sonic! HELP! PLEASE!" cried Sato.
"No," said Sonic. "You deserve to die!” Sonic lifted up his foot and stomped down hard on Sato's fingers, causing him to release his grip and fall into the flaming oblivion below.

Sato snapped out of his flashback. He gazed into the horizon. "Sonic. I will soon have my vengeance," he said. Then, a tremendous monster burst from the ground and attacked Sato. Sato fought the demon and eventually defeated it. It collapsed on the ground. "I-I did it!" said Sato, "I beat a full-fledged demon! I am invincible!” But then Sato felt something inside of him. A hideous monster in the back of his head, trying to gain control. "No!" said Sato. "I must resist. If I lose control, I won't be able to have my revenge." He took off, in search of Sonic.

Meanwhile, Knuckles and Tikal were out looking for Malice. "I think we should split up and cover more ground," said Knuckles.
"Ok," agreed Tikal. They went their separate ways. Tikal was looking over the edge of a cliff, trying to get a good view, but then she lost balance and fell over. She screamed, afraid she was going to die. But before she knew it, she stopped falling. She opened her eyes to see her savior. It was Ace.
"You should be more careful with those cliffs," he said. He landed on the ground and let her down.
"Thank you," she said, "I'm Tikal, and I was wondering if you could help."
"I just did. What else do you need?" he said.
"I'm looking for a rat named Malice," she said. "He's trying to take over the world."
"Well, may as well help," he said. Then a wolf came out of the trees.
"Hi Ace!" he said.
"Oh, for the love of- Leave me alone, Fang!" Ace said.
Tikal was confused. "So, your names Ace then?" she asked.
"Sort of, now let's get going," he said. The 3 of them started off, looking for Malice but were soon interrupted by a mechanical spider, with Eggman seated in a control panel on top.
"Hello Ace!" shouted Eggman. "Time for you to feel some pain!" The spider attacked, and Ace was over powered and knocked to the ground. Tikal rushed over to help him, and Fang went and stood in front of the spider.
"Leave Ace alone! Stop hurting him!" yelled Fang.
"Oh yeah? Why should I?" asked Eggman.
"Because, I lost my family. And Ace reminds me of my brother. So I guess- I guess he's just the closest thing I have to a family right now," Fang said.
"HA! Pathetic! Take this!" said Eggman, as one of the spiders legs jutted out at Fang. The leg was suddenly stopped by a glowing white figure.
"Hey kid," said White Ace, "Is it true? What you just said?"
"Y-yes," said Fang, surprised.
"Well, then I guess I have no choice but to protect my family," he said. In an instant, he brought down the giant spider and sent Eggman flying.
"Wow, that was great!" cheered Fang. "I hope he doesn't come back."
"That's the least of our worries," said Tikal, "I feel immense dark energy. I must be Malice." Then, out of the darkness, came a soft clapping.
"Bravo, Ace, Bravo. That was quite an impressive battle," said a hooded creature, stepping out of the trees. "I'm also impressed that you could feel me, Tikal."
"So you’re the one trying to take over the world!" said Ace. “I get a feeling this isn’t our first encounter, is it?”
“Of course not,” Malice replied. “We know each other more that you might remember.”
“I don’t know what you’re talking about, but you won’t be talking much longer!” Ace said, charging at Malice. Malice deflected Ace’s hit with a shield of darkness.
"Sorry, Ace, but I'm more powerful than you think," he said. Then he took out a purple crystal. "Now, behold my true strength!" He launched a bolt of powerful dark energy at Ace. Ace collapsed to the ground. Fang joined into the battle, but couldn't stop him.
“That's a Chaos Emerald he's using. We have to get it from him," said Ace. "ROYAL FLUSH!" he yelled, throwing a deck of exploding cards at Malice. As the smoke cleared, Ace saw Fang, lying on the ground looking at Ace.
"Please, Ace, stop attacking me," he said. Ace looked around, and saw that there were now 2 Fangs.
"Which one's the real one?" asked Ace. He was confused.
"Ace, Malice is a shape shifter!" said Tikal.
Ace looked at her and thought for a moment. Then he asked, "Can he transform other things, by any chance?"
"Yes, I think so. Why?" asked Tikal.
"I think I know who the real one is, then," he said. He glowed white and attacked Tikal. She fell to the ground and transformed back into Malice. One of the Fangs transformed into the real Tikal.
"How did you know it was me?" asked Malice, dropping his emerald.
"Lucky guess," said Ace, snatching up the emerald. “I am a gambler after all.”
"This isn't over," said Malice, dissapearing into the air.
"Malice," said Ace, "Whoever you are, I will find you, and I will defeat you!"

Meanwhile, Sonic was running through the city and ran into Knuckles.
"Hey Knux, it's been a while. You doing ok?" he asked.
"Sonic, I'm looking' for a rat named Malice. Tikal came back and told me about him," Knuckles told him.
"Well, I'll let you know if I find anything," said Sonic.
Then a loud scream echoed throughout the city. A woman was being attacked by a hulking monster.
"Oh no!" said Knuckles, "I saw some of those on my way over here, and they aren't very friendly. And this ones the biggest I've seen all day!"
Sonic and Knuckles fought the beast but couldn't bring it down.
"This is hopeless!" said Sonic. But then, a ball of fire fell from the sky and destroyed the demon.
Sato descended from the sky. "Foolish demon. It's my job to kill Sonic, and anyone who gets in my way will suffer the consequences." He took out his red chaos emerald and was about to attack when a missile hit him from behind. Tails showed up in the tornado and landed on the ground. The chaos emerald landed on the ground, and Knuckles was about to get it when another person, wearing a cloak appeared and snatched it up. Then he disappeared.
"Who was that?" asked Knuckles.
"Malice? What was he doing here?" said Sato. Then he took off yet again.
"So that was Malice," said Sonic. "I bet Eggman has something to do with this. Tails, let's go."
Sonic and Tails jumped into the Tornado and took off.

Ace was standing inside of a military base with Tikal and Fang.
"So, this Malice guy is trying to take over the world, huh," said Rouge. "You know, we've figured out that Eggman has a new associate. It might be Malice."
"Well, then we’ll have to go find Eggman and ask. Where is he?" asked Ace.
"We think his new base is the sky," said Rouge.
"Well, then I'm stealing this jet. C'mon Fang," Ace said, jumping into the jet, followed by Fang. They took off, with Rouge shouting after them.
"You can't do that! Come back here!" she said.
"I guess we'll just have to wait for him then," said Tikal.

Sonic and Tails flew towards Eggman’s flying base in the Tornado. Eggman’s flying robots tried to stop them, but Tails shot missiles at all of them and they exploded. They landed on the ship and got off the plane.
"Well, this looks like pretty much every other ship Eggman builds. Big. Mechanical. Lots of guns. Yup," said Sonic looking around.
"We'd better hurry up and find Eggman," said Tails. They started searching for Eggman, but ran into a giant robot guard. Sonic fought it, but it was too powerful.
"This thing just won't go down," said Sonic, gasping for breath. He eventually managed to defeat it using a combination attack with Tails. Sonic sat down to take a break.
"Man that was tough. I guess Egghead's getting better with his robots," said Sonic.
Meanwhile, Ace and Fang flew in the jet, looking for Eggman’s base.
"There it is," said Fang, sniffing the air, "I recognize the smell of Eggman’s robots."
Ace turned in the direction of the base. He touched down after shooting his way through Eggman’s flying drones.
"Try and sniff out Eggman," said Ace.
Fang sniffed around a little, and then said, "Hey! It's Sonic!"
Sonic and Tails noticed Ace and ran up to him. "Hey Ace. Come here to fight Eggman?" he said.
"I need to find some information about a guy called Malice," said Ace.
"Same here," said Tails. "We were just looking for Eggman’s control room."
"Wait. I- I think I've found him," said Fang, sniffing the air. "Follow me."

Down on the ground, Knuckles was still trying to find Malice.
"Where is this guy?" he said.
"Hey Knuckles!" said a familiar voice. He turned to see Rouge.
"What do you what, batgirl?!" he asked suspiciously.
"Tikal told me about the situation, and I thought I'd help," she said. "After all, we're such good friends, aren't we?"
"Whatever, just don't get in my way!" he said.
"Actually, we've found out that a large amount of fires have been occurring. We think it might be Sato," she said. "We've also figured out that the next target is most likely the train station on Station Square."
"Sato? Of course, he'll know something about Malice! I'll go to the station and meet Sato, and I don't want you or your military friends getting involved!" with that, Knuckles took off.

Sato approached the train station. He started feeling a strange energy. "Is that a... chaos emerald?" he said to himself.
"Hey! You! With the horns!" said another voice. Sato turned to see Knuckles running towards him. "Why are you starting all these fires?"
"What do you mean? I'm drawing out Sonic," he replied.
"Well, let’s get this over with!" shouted Knuckles, rushing at Sato. The 2 fought for a while. Eventually, Knuckles pinned Sato against a wall. "Now, tell me. Who's Malice?! Where can I find him!?"
"Malice? He's the one who resurrected me. I don't know what his intentions are, but I don't really trust him myself," said Sato.
"So where is he?" asked Knuckles.
Tell you what. Let me go and I'll show you," bargained Sato.
Knuckles released Sato. "Don't try anything funny," he said.
Sato flew into the air. Knuckles climbed up the building. "See, that forest? Beyond it, to the Northeast, is a tall mountain. There's a cave on the South side. Malice should be inside," said Sato. Then he took off.
"Well, I'll deal with Sato later. For now I need to handle Malice. But first..." Knuckles leapt down from building and started digging with his shovel claw. He emerged with a cyan colored Chaos Emerald. Then he took off.

Sonic and Ace entered the main control room. Eggman sat in a large robot with a huge sword. "Hello Sonic. Are you ready to meet my newest robot, The Egg Swordsman!?" he shouted.
Sonic leapt in the air and struck the robot several times with his homing attack. Ace hit it's leg with a Screw Kick, causing it to fall over. Sonic rushed over to Eggman and said, "So, why don't you tell us about Sato and Malice."
"I don't know who Sato is, but Malice promised to help me take over the world, so long as I kept you distracted." Eggman explained.
As they talked, Tails examined the busted robot. "Hey!" he said, "It's a Chaos Emerald!” He picked it up and handed it to Sonic.
Sonic examined it, and then turned to Eggman once again. "So, where’s Malice?" he asked him.
"The coordinates of Malice's layer on my computer, not that you'll be able to search it!" Eggman said, pressing a button on his belt. A trap door opened up beneath their feet, and Sonic, Ace, Tails, and Fang fell through. But then, White Ace flew out through the hole.
"FIST BARRAGE!!" he shouted, striking Eggman in the stomach repeatedly. Sonic jumped up through the hole, and Tails flew up, carrying Fang.
"Sorry Eggman, but you should know by now that I don't go down that easily," Sonic said. Tails rushed over to the computer and downloaded the coordinates onto a disk.
"Good, now give the disk," said Ace.
"What? Why you?" said Sonic.
"Sonic, you go find Sato, and I'll handle Malice," Ace said.
"Can't we do this the other way around?" asked Sonic?
"It's your duty to fight Sato. I shouldn't get involved this time," said Ace. Tails handed him the disk and he left with Fang. Sonic and Tails boarded the Tornado and flew away.

Knuckles rushed through the forest, making his way to Malice's hideout. He noticed the Tornado flying through the air.
"Hey man, what’s up?" called Sonic. They landed in a clearing to talk to Knuckles.
"I got directions to Malice’s base from Sato," explained Knuckles.
"Sato? Where did he go?" asked Sonic.
"Last time I saw him was by the train station. He went west from there," said Knuckles.
"Ok," said Sonic, jumping into the tornado. "Wait, you may need this, said Knuckles, tossing him the Chaos Emerald.
"Thanks," said Sonic. Knuckles watched them leave, and then he heard a voice from the shadows.
"So you've been looking for me huh?" said Malice, emerging from the darkness.
"You! Let's end this!" shouted Knuckles. He charged at Malice, who fought back, throwing bolts of dark energy at Knuckles. Knuckles fell to the ground after being hit by one.
"You're a fool to face me. Just give up!" said Malice, disappearing.

Meanwhile, Ace and Fang landed on the ground in town. "Well, let’s find a computer and see where these coordinates are," said Ace.
They managed to get a family to let them use their computer. "So that's where it is," said Fang.
They left the house and were about to go to the base, when they ran into Sato.
"Ace, let's settle this score once and for all!" he said, attacking Ace. Ace used his white power. "Well, this should be interesting. Let's see if 80% power can take you down!”
“Of course,” Ace said. "You've always had a head for calculations. Only natural that you’d be able to determine the exact percentage of your strength that you’re using.” Sato burst into flames and started fighting Ace, eventually overpowering him.
Fang jumped between them and stopped Sato. Fang punched Sato, sending him flying.
"Ugh. This isn't over!" yelled Sato, flying away.
Ace got up and said, "We'd better get going. They took off in the direction of Malice's layer. Ace and Fang arrived in front of Malice’s cave. They ran into Knuckles.
"Who are you 2?" asked Knuckles.
"I'm Ace, and this is my friend Fang," said Ace. "We're looking for a guy named Malice. A girl named Tikal told us about him."
"Tikal? She told me about Malice too," said Knuckles.
"So, I guess you'll be willing to help us out then?" said Ace.
"Ok, but it looks like we need a key to get through this door," said Knuckles. Fang started sniffing around, and eventually found something. "Does this look like a key to you?" he asked, holding up a small metal piece.
"That looks like it'll fit," said knuckles, trying out the key. The door opened. Ace, Fang, and Knuckles went inside and started searching for Malice. They eventually found a small chamber, with a tablet sitting in the middle of it. "Is that what I think it is?" asked Knuckles.
"Yes," said a familiar voice out of the shadows. "This is the Hellsgate."
They watched as Malice came out of the darkness. "You!" said Ace. "It's about time we finished this!" Ace, Fang and Knuckles began fighting Malice.
"You 3 think you can beat me? Take this!" he shouted, firing bolts of dark energy at them all. Ace was hit. He collapsed on the ground, catching his breath. He looked up to see not 1, but 3 Malice’s. Knuckles and Fang were gone.
"So, you're pulling your shape shifting tricks again, huh?" asked Ace. He suddenly began glowing brightly. The light filled up the entire room. 2 of the Malice’s transformed into Fang and Knuckles. The real Malice stood, shocked.
"How did you do that?" he asked, surprised.
"Your shape shifting powers are based on darkness. I just used light to extinguish your illusion," explained White Ace. He charged at Malice, who tried to defend himself. Ace soon overpowered him. Ace’s White Power timed out and he returned to his original form. He charged at Malice to deliver a final blow. Malice transformed into Tikal. Ace stopped.
"Please don't hurt me," said Malice. Then he transformed into Rouge and said "Why are you doing this?” He was obviously messing with Ace's emotions. He transformed into a young, blue hedgehog about 6 years old. "Please stop this Ace," said the kid Sonic. Ace was struck by sudden realization.
"SCREW KICK!!" he yelled, attacking Malice. Malice returned to his original form. Then he grabbed the Hellsgate and disappeared.
"What just happened?" asked Fang.
"That doesn't matter," said Ace. "Knuckles go find Malice and finish this. Fang, you come with me. We have to warn Sonic."
Knuckles left to go look for Malice. Ace and Fang were on their way to find Sonic, but were interrupted by a flying mechanical bat with Eggman riding in it. "Ace! You will pay for destroying my base!" he said.
"I'll take care of this," said Fang.
"You sure?" asked Ace.
"Don't worry 'bout me. Just go find Sonic," said Fang.
"Ok," said Ace, taking off.
Fang got in a battle with Eggman’s flying machine. He picked up a large rock and through it at Eggman, knocking the machine to the ground. Eggman’s Hover ship rose from the ground and flew away. Fang quickly ran in the direction that Ace went.

Meanwhile, Sonic and Tails had split up to look for Sato. Sonic was running through the green hills when a ball of fire narrowly missed him.
"Sonic, I'm glad I found you," said Sato. "Now, let's end this!” Sonic and Sato started fighting. Sonic began spinning rapidly. Sato also started to spin. They shot towards each other. But they were both knocked off course when a white light appeared between them. Ace stood there before them.
"Sorry I had to interrupt, but there's something I have to show both of you," he said, taking out a small machine.
Sato, Sonic, and Ace were no longer in the hills. They were now inside a burning building. "Wait, this is... I remember this!" declared Sato. Sato looked around and saw younger versions of him and Sonic trying to escape. The floor beneath the younger Sato collapsed, and he held on to the edge for dear life.
"Sonic! HELPP! PLEASE!" he said.
"No. You deserve to die!" said the younger Sonic, stomping on Sato's fingers. Sato fell.
"You see! This is why Sonic must die!" said Sato. But Ace pointed to one of the doors. Sato looked to see the Teenage Ace watching this happen. The young Sonic, unaware that Ace was watching, began to transform. In his place stood Malice.
"What the...?" said the younger Ace. Malice turned to see Ace. He launched a bolt of dark energy at him. Everything faded to black and was replaced by the green hills.
"Malice- Malice killed me?" asked Sato.
"That was one of my memories that Malice sealed away. It all came back to me when I saw him transform," explained Ace.
They saw Eggman's machine flying through the air above them.
"Hey! There’s Eggman!" said Sonic. "I'd better go take care of him."
"And I'll go finish off Malice," said Sato. They both took off in different directions.
Fang finally caught up to Ace. "What happened? Is Sonic ok?" he asked.
"Don't worry. Our work is done here," said Ace.

Sato managed to find Malice’s layer, and encountered Knuckles there. "What do you want?" asked Knuckles.
"Relax. I'm here to take out Malice, just like you," said Sato. "By the way, I would rather handle this guy on my own. You should go help Sonic take out Eggman."
"Why should I?" asked Knuckles.
"Because Sonic needs all the help he can get, and if you don't help him, you'll look like Malice will when I'm through with him. Now go," said Sato. Knuckles left, leaving Sato to deal with Malice. Sato entered the Hideout to find Malice sitting in front of the Hellsgate."Malice! Why! Why did you kill me and frame Sonic for it!" Sato yelled.
"Allow me to explain. I am capable of seeing into the future. I knew Sonic would try to foil my plans for world domination. I was already in possession of the Hellsgate, so all I needed was a Chaos Emerald and I could simply call forth a demon to deal with Sonic for me. But even a low-class demon would defy me, and even possibly kill me. So I decided to create a Demon that had it's own reason to kill Sonic," explained Malice.
"So, for all this time- for the past 10 years, I've just been a pawn in your plan!" No! I won't accept this! I'll kill you! AT 100% POWER!" Sato demonic aura increases to an unbelievable level. He attacked Malice, whose body fell to the ground and disappeared. The Hellsgate disappeared as well. All that was left was the chaos emerald.

Meanwhile, Sonic arrived at Eggman’s damaged ship. Knuckles and Tails met him there.
"I saw Eggman coming here, so I decided to follow him," said Tails.
"Sato's taking care of Malice, so I came here to help out," said Knuckles.
"Ok, let’s do this," said Sonic. They entered the base to find Eggman seated in a new robot. It was huge, and had 4 large arms and a chaos green Chaos Emerald in it's chest.
"So glad you could join me, Sonic," said Eggman. The machine attacked Sonic. Sonic took out his blue chaos emerald he won from his last battle with Eggman.
"CHAOS CONTROL!!" he yelled. Time froze for Sonic. He attacked Eggman over and over again. Time unfroze and the machine collapsed. Sonic grabbed the emerald. Eggman pressed a button and a voice came from the walls.
"SELF DESTRUCT IN FIVE MINUTES!" it said. Eggman escaped through a trap door, which slammed shut behind him. Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails ran out, barely escaping in time. Knuckles and Tails boarded the Tornado as Sonic jumped on the wing, hanging on tightly. They flew away as the Base exploded. They flew through the mountains, and saw Sato standing atop one of them, holding up something red and shiny.
"He has a Chaos Emerald!" said Tails.
"Heh!" Sonic chuckled. "I knew he could handle Malice on his own. Anyway, let's go home.”

Ace and Fang meet up with Tikal at the military base. "So I guess you'll be going back to Angel Island now, huh," asked Fang.
"Actually, I was hoping I could stay with you 2 for a while," said Tikal.
"I'm ok with it," said Ace. Suddenly, something attacked from the shadows, and everything went black.


Sometime later, on Angel Island, Sonic, Knuckles and Tails stood in front of the alter with the 4 chaos emeralds they had collected. "So, we have 4, and Ace and Sato each have 1, so that leaves 1 left," said Sonic.
"Actually, Malice has the last one. And mine as well," said Ace, landing a few feet behind them, followed by Fang and Tikal.
"What?!" said Knuckles. Then, Malice emerged, his cloak torn and burnt from his battle with Sato. His face was covered in scars and his hair stuck out in random directions.
"CHAOS CONTROL!!" he said, disappearing along with the Chaos Emeralds.

Sato stood atop the mountain, gazing at his Chaos Emerald. Then, out of nowhere, something struck him, snatching the emerald. Then it disappeared.


Malice stood before the Hellsgate, inside a tall tower, holding the 7 Chaos Emeralds.
"Finally, I can rule this planet!" he said, placing the emeralds into the tablet. The tablet glowed, and Malice began to grow rapidly, transforming into a hideous monster.

Sonic, Tails, Ace, Fang, Knuckles, and Tikal arrived in front of the tower.
"This is where the dark energy is coming from," said Tikal. They saw the demonic dragon at the top, and heard it shriek.
"It hasn't finished transforming yet," said Ace. "If we make it in time, we can get the emeralds before it's too late. Fang, Knuckles, you 2 handle the bottom floors, then me and Tails will help Sonic get to the top and destroy that thing."
They ran into the tower. Sonic eventually made his way to the top, and was about to engage the monster, when Sato arrived.
"Let me handle this," He said.
"Don't be crazy Sato," Said Sonic. "I know this guy killed you, but don’t let your anger get the better of you!"
"This isn't just about my vengeance Sonic," said Sato, "This guy didn't just kill me, but he framed my little brother for it, and that’s something I can never forgive!"
"Wait, brother!?" said Sonic.
"Listen, let me defeat this thing, then take the emeralds and go," said Sato, leaping at the dragon. He fought the beast and slowly weakened it. "CHAOS HELLFIRE!" he yelled, tossing a huge fireball at it's head. Sonic took the opportunity and leapt at the Hellsgate, which was embedded in the monsters chest. He grabbed the emeralds and landed on a platform. Sato landed next to him.
 The monster began growing and sprouted a pair of huge wings. It took off, shattering the platform Sonic and Sato were standing on. The emeralds fell to the ground and Tails and Ace saved them. 
"You owe me for this," Ace said to Sato, who was dangling beneath him.
"Nice save," Sonic said to Tails.
"No problem," Tails said.
They landed on the ground and picked up the Emeralds. "We were too late. We couldn't get the emeralds in time to stop it's evolution," said Sonic.
"Well, we have the Chaos Emeralds don't we?" said Ace, "Let's do something about it."

 Sonic, Ace and Sato absorbed the Chaos Emeralds power and entered super form.
Super Sonic, glowing gold, looked at the beast and said, "Bring it on! I’m not afraid of you!"
"We can handle this!" said the black and gold Super Ace.
"The Hellsgate is linking him to that demonic energy!" said the copper Super Sato. "Aim there to defeat him!"
They fought the beast, attacking the gate over and over again.
"SONIC WIND!"
"ROYAL FLUSH!"
"CHAOS HELLFIRE!"
The attacks hit, and the demon shrunk back into it's original form. The Hellsgate levitated in the air, with Malice clinging to it.
"You haven't won yet!" said Malice.
Sato rushed forward and touched the Hellsgate, opening the portal. "Sonic, Ace, everyone, I'm sorry. I've overstayed my welcome here. It's time that I return to hell. And I'm taking this creep with me! CHAOS CONTROL!"
And with that, Sato, Malice, and the Hellsgate disappeared through the portal, which closed behind them.
Sonic landed on the ground as his super form timed out. "I can't believe he's gone," he said.
"Don't worry, we'll help you through it," said Tails.
"Thanks pal,” said Sonic. Ace, Tikal and Fang walked off.
"Aren't you worried about Sato?" asked Tikal.
"He was starting to grow on me," said Fang.
"I'll be fine," said Ace. “Besides, I have a feeling we'll be seeing him again soon." Ace grinned, and continued walking.





Yeah, I got a little lazy at some points, but I think I did a decent job. Shady could've done it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment