Monday, January 15, 2018

Living With Red Daniel Part 3.5; Intermission

Red Daniel; Yo! Ace! How's the recruitment doing? Got anyone to help us out yet?

Acelegin; Hm? Oh, right, the thing with your work.

Red Daniel; You feeling okay?

Acelegin; (dismissively) Yeah. I'm good.

Red Daniel; You sure? You seem kind of out of it?

Acelegin sighs

Acelegin; Saki's dead.

Red Daniel steps back, shocked

Red Daniel; What!? Are you sure?

Acelegin; The rigor mortis kind of gave it away.

Red Daniel; What happened to her?

Acelegin; I'm not sure exactly. Stress, probably. New home and all. I don't think she's been eating or drinking properly.

Red Daniel; I'm sorry, man.

Acelegin; Don't be. I'll be alright.

Red Daniel; Do you want me o postpone the stakeout? I'm sure Sal will understand.

Acelegin; No, don't worry about it. And I do have a character willing to help out, and I know how o get a couple more on our side.

Red Daniel; Well, that's good.

Acelegin; Next week, right?

Red Daniel; Right.

Acelegin; Cool. I'm gonna go on a beer run. You just chill here for a bit.

Acelegin walks over to the front door and opens it

Red Daniel; Hey...

Acelegin; What's up?

Red Daniel; I know grief. If you wanna talk about it...

Acelegin smiles back at Red Daniel

Acelegin; I told you. I'll be fine.

Red Daniel; Alright. Be safe, man.

Acelegin; I will.

Red Daniel; And get enough for me too!

Acelegin flips Red Daniel off on his way out the door

Acelegin; You work in a bar! Stop mooching off me for alcohol.

Acelegin closes the door behind him. Red Daniel smiles.

Red Daniel; Pff. Dick.



No comments:

Post a Comment