Friday, December 28, 2012

Acelegin Reviews; A Personal Inferno

This time I'm reviewing a blog written by Zacksquest. A Personal Inferno is a blog based on Dante's Inferno, which I know nothing about. I have not read that book. At all. I have a friend who's played the video game based off of it, but most of what he's told me about it concerns Dante's wife's boobs. From what I gather, it's about a guy who goes to hell to save his wife.

This blog is about a man named Riccardo Abandonato, who appears to be a former priest who is one the run from some one or some thing. I don't think it specified who he was running from, but I think it was the police. Anyway, he meets with his old mentor, Father Lorenzo Laguardia, who I think died some time ago. This blog was pretty hard for me to follow.

Laguardia starts bringing Riccardo through hell for reasons I don't completely understand. They encounter a large number of Fears, who serve as overseers of the multiple layers of Hell. They proceed toward the city of Dis. As the go, Riccardo sees a bunch of familiar faces who he feels sorry for, and promises to put in a good word for them if he can get into heaven. However, as he nears the end of the journey, he grows more violent, and becomes less concerned with the damned souls he meets there.

They finally reach the city, but Riccardo isn't allowed to enter. Laguardia goes in to try and get them to allow Riccardo in, but he fails. The two of them remain outside the city for a while, and are confronted by the Mother Of Snakes. Then an angel shows up and opens the door to the city for them.

That's the last post. I don't know if the blog's over or if there's gonna be more posts later.

Anyway, it was an interesting read. I honestly couldn't make sense of most of it, and the blog didn't tell a whole lot about who Riccardo was or what was going on at the beginning of the blog. But as confusing as it was, it was an okay blog. If the blog is going to continue, I hope it gives some more back story and explanations later on.

Um... Not sure what else to say... Um...


I HATE AWKWARD SILENCES!!! INSERT VOCALOIDS!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment